Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Driving in Jamaica

Now that was a trip! Of course they drive on the left so the steering wheel is on the right. Everything is out of sequence. The turn signal is on the right stalk, not the left as well. I found myself turning on my windsheld wipers a lot.

Roundabouts are interesting to. I sort of got the hang of it before I left but i'm not sure if I like them or not yet. Mostly the drivers are nuts. Most roads are two lane highways so there is lots of passing on the right into oncoming lanes. That's cool if the roads are straight, but of course the main highway winds. Oh yes, they honk a lot at each other and cut people off at the drop of a hat. I felt like I was driving a bumper car. But, despite driving 45 miles from the airport in pitch black and driving the same number of miles back to the airport in driving rain, I did okay. Still a memorable trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment