Saturday, April 9, 2011

Update


This morning I tried on a pair of blue jeans that I had purchased 8 years ago, knowing then that I could not fit into them. I took them out and slipped right into them! That means I have lost over six inches off my waistline since October 1, 2010, and approaching 50 pounds lost.

What am I doing? Really nothing more than 45 minutes to a hour of aerobics, including treadmill, stationary bike and walking three to four days a week for a workout program. In terms of diet, I have cut out breads, soda, candies, chips and other things that are weaknesses of mine, and except for Subway occasionally stopped my visits to fast food franchises.

I know that my cholesterol level is way down now, under 170, based on blood work in November. I do enjoy steaks, ribs and the like and can eat them; I just pick and choose when and where. It's really been a lifestyle change in so many ways. Yeah I still crave those fries, burgers and other fatty foods. I have realized that they can still be enjoyed, just like alcohol can, but in moderation and as more of a treat then as a dietary staple. I have really been helped by subscribing to www.calorieking.com. It's a very comprehensive fitness site that allows you to keep track of what you ea and the caloric values, set goals and design workout programs.

I still feel that I need to lose another 30 pounds, so I am devising some knew workout goals to help make that happen. I'll keep you updated on my progress in the weeks to come. I hope my success inspires you to keep with your fitness goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment