Thursday, January 26, 2017

Natural Wonders of Greater Tucson












I've decided to create a whole series of photographs about the natural environment in and around my home, Tucson Arizona.  As you wander throughout this area you will stumble upon some breathtaking images - from fields of cactus, to sunsets and sunrises, desert vistas, mountain ranges, animal and plant life.  And sometimes all you have to do is look up and see fantastic cloud formations and shades in the expansive sky above our city.

On a recent visit to Colossal Cave, a place that I hadn't been to in many years, I took about a hundred and twenty five shots of rock formations in the cave and well as a few vistas outside of it.  I'm in awe of how caves like these form and have always been fascinated by stalactite and stalagmite formations in the caves.  These three shots were among the better photos that I took that day.

2/5 update: I've added five more shots of plants that I've found in and around where I life in Metro Tucson.  I have posted these before in other places but it's nice to see them in one location.  The last, a tree where I work, I ran through a processor to make it appear somewhat Impressionistic. I liked how it turned out.

3/11/ Update: I took a drive out through Gates Pass in the Tucson Mountains today during high noon, usually not a great time to shoot outdoors because of the harsh light of the sun overhead.  But the shots had their own shadow and light built into them.  Believe it or not this was all ocean floor millions of years ago.

I'll be adding more photos to this article, which I consider a work in progress Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment