Friday, February 25, 2011

Update On Weightloss

It's been awhile! I have been so busy that I just have not had time to do much with this blog, even though I think about it often!

I'll start by saying that since I last blogged in mid-October I have shed about 35 pounds. I'm working out - not everyday - but three to four times a week aerobically. And I am watching my intake of sugar, fats, and carbs. Especially carbs! If there are chips in the house I am on them! And breads are just as deadly to me!

My biggest issue in weight-loss is a low metabolic rate. I struggle with this and I must admit that my doctor has prescribed Phentermine as a way to up my rate. It has helped and I definately have more energy. But I also suffer now from occasional insominia. I'll go to sleep at my usual 11:15 pm but will jump wide wake at 2:30 AM on many nights. I usually takes me an hour to go back to sleep; no good if I have to get up at 5:00 work day mornings.

But I'll accept that if it translates to one to two pounds lost weekly. Sometimes that is not possible because our bodies adjust, but overall it's a good goal to keep in mind. I'll keep you informed as I continue my quest for a healthier me!

A good result already has been my medical exams. I had complete bloodwork done since I last reported in and the results were great. I had a cholesteral reading of almost 200 at my last physical - a bad sign. This time it was 171; a great drop even before I had begun to lose the weight that I would eventually lose. It's a relief and great incentive to keep going!

I must say that I have great friends on the social networks who are working hard right with me. Keisha and Deketra have been great, and there are others who are cheering me on as I return the favor to for them. Thank you all for your enthusiasm and best wishes as we progress to a healthier us!

No comments:

Post a Comment